Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Slaving away in the mines...

It just dawned on me that, even though I described her, I never gave the glorious story of how Jacinda and I met!

Oh it was so romantic...the dusty cavern walls, the groans of undead throughout the mines, the ghosts of dead children drifting around....

Yes, I met a low level Jacinda in Gusgen Mines.

A mid-low level Black Mage, not even remotely close to the Jacinda we know today, but still the same collected personality.

I enjoy this story because it also shows how much of a boob I was back then.  See, I had just recently hit level 75 (the then level cap) and I was really enjoying struttin' my stuff so to speak. I tried to pour all my Paladin charm onto Jacinda, while at the same time helping her with the reason she was in the mine to begin with.

There is this armor called RSE or Race Specific Equipment. It comes from chests around Vana'Diel and only appears for your race at certain times. This was what Jacinda was after, so we were in the mines for quite a while. We talked, poked around at some skeletons and generally kicked back while we waited for this chest. Friends ever since, so I guess I didn't scare her off. Though I'm not entirely sure the Paladin charm worked either.

I've tried applying the charm again recently and it doesn't seem to work, so I dunno. /shrug

At any rate, I made another friend whom I cherish more than most people I've encountered in real life.  And her navigational skills are...similar to Firinia's and mine. I'm detecting a common factor with the friends I make...

No comments:

Post a Comment