Friday, January 20, 2012

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a page out of Jaci's book and rant for this post. There's a little something that bothers the ever loving hell out of me.

If you're a Ninja, please stop solo'ing crap that many people need. Especially if they're offering to help you kill it just to speed stuff up and don't want an item in return. You're being nothing more than a tool.

You wanna solo something? Cool! Great! I love to do so on my PLD. But come on, if you have a line of people waiting for the NM you're on, quit being a twat and accept the damn help. I would post a big "Fuck you" picture here but I can't find one big enough to represent my hatred for the toolbags that do this stuff.

I was out helping collect +2 items for a LS mate. He needs cards of voyage and there are at least two NMs in the area that are reasonably easy to kill; Ovni and Caraboose. Now, we kill Ovni, don't get a drop and move on to Carabosse. We take our time, farm up the pops, kill her nice and slow (and mind you, we're trio'ing so our killing is a bit slow anyways, but there are two other ??? that she can be spawned from, so we aren't hindering anybody.) and eventually beat her. A single card drops. Cool, but now my group is getting kind of tired. We don't have time or patience to farm up another Caraboose drop, so we go back to Ovni.

We get there, and a Ninja is solo'ing Ovni. Ok cool, whatever. Alas, he's taking FOREVER. We ask if the cards were available. "I'm sorry, I'm busy right now."

...

Not the "Yes" or "No" answer we were hoping for. Now we've been there about five minutes and his progress has been painfully slow. We offer to team up with him to help him kill faster, without taking any items for ourselves.

No response.

We weren't willing to deal with someone like that, and it was already getting late. We just warped out and decided to end our run there.

Ninjas....what the hell? Beastmasters don't do it. They're the premier solo class and even they get into groups. Quit being twats and cooperate, or you'll start to wonder why you're getting invited to less and less as your name gets tossed around for being a tool.

That is all. Please resume your daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment